What should I do if my ALE coverage runs out and my house in Green Valley, AZ, is still not built?

When a covered loss makes your residence uninhabitable or you are denied access to your home by an order from the government, some insurance companies will pay reasonable increases in your living expenses to uphold your normal standard of living. This coverage is termed ‘Additional Living Expense’ or ‘ALE.’ If your home insurance includes this coverage, this portion of your policy begins at the time of the loss. An independent agent can assist you in finding the best coverage for your home in Green Valley, Arizona.

ALE coverage is limited

However, under most homeowner policies ALE coverage is limited. Typically, there are three ways this limit is defined:

  1. Payment only continues for the least amount of time required to replace or repair the damage to your house.
  2. Until you permanently relocate.
  3. In Arizona, your policy will most likely stipulate a maximum number of 12 consecutive months or the least time it takes for your house to be repaired or re-built or the least amount of time it takes you’re household to settle somewhere else.

On average, the Additional Living Expense portion of a typical home insurance policy in Arizona pays up to 20 percent of your policy limit. Your insurance company usually continues paying these expenses until the time limit is reached, you permanently relocate or your home is repaired, re-built and habitable.

Disaster-related misplacement

If you receive the maximum ALE settlement allowed by your insurance company following a disaster-related temporary housing need and still require assistance, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) may be able to help you. You need to write a letter to FEMA that indicates why you still need temporary housing. You must also provide them with documentation showing that you already used all of your Additional Living Expense benefits along with a plan for permanent housing.

If you are concerned about being misplaced, you may want to purchase a separate ‘loss-of-use’ policy. Some insurance companies offer a policy with an unlimited amount of expense coverage. However, there is still a time limit on these policies.

As your independent agent, we are happy to help you find the best coverage for your Green Valley, Arizona house. We can give you the details you need to ensure you choose the best coverage possible. Contact us today.

Are auto insurance rates lesser for electric cars in Green Valley, AZ?

Insurance rates vary greatly from person to person. The rate that people pay is figured using a complex rating scale that involves a number of different things. If you are looking to buy a new car and are thinking about getting an electric one, then here are a few things that you may want to know before making the purchase.

The Factors that Help Rate Your Car Insurance Premium

· One big part of insurance rating is your personal financial management score, also known as your PFM. If you pay your bills on time and do not have any late payments you can be sure of a great rate.

· Your driving record is another part of the rating scale. If you have one ticket, then you can expect to pay a little more for insurance than a person with a spotless record.

· The car type also plays a role in how much you pay. A person who drives a sports car will pay more than a person driving a minivan. Sports cars are rate higher because the car is greater liability risk to the insurance company.

· Some insurance company’s have realized the value of environmentally friendly electric cars. They have started to offer a small discount for people who drive this style of in Green Valley, Arizona. So they end paying the lesser of two amounts based on the power of the car.

If you live in the Green Valley, Arizona area and have any questions about your auto insurance, then you need to call your independent agent today. As your agent we can help answer all of your questions about car insurance. It’s important that you give us a call so that we can give you specific details for your circumstances. You can only win by saving on your auto insurance.

My car break pads are old enough to be replaced, Will my auto insurance bear the cost if I purchase a new one in Green Valley, AZ?

It would not be a good situation if you were driving down the street in Green Valley, Arizona and you had to slam on your brakes to avoid an accident because someone went through a red light. It could be much worse if, when you pressed down on the brake, your car did not slow down.

You do not have to get into an accident to know that your brake pads are old and need to be replaced. Many people procrastinate because the cost of doing a repair is too high. You may have to purchase parts for all four wheels and before you know it, the brake job will cost you $200.

If you have auto insurance, you might wonder if you can file a claim and get your carrier to pay to repair your car. Unfortunately, auto insurance policies do not cover maintenance or any parts that need to be replaced because of normal wear and tear.

Even if you have collision insurance and get into an accident because your brakes were bad, your insurance company will not pay for new brakes. It is your responsibility as a car owner to take care of your vehicle. Just as you have to change the oil in your car, replace the windshield wipers or purchase new tires every 50,000 miles or so, you have to maintain the brakes.

While your regular auto insurance policy does not cover parts or repairs not due to an accident, you can purchase a separate insurance policy that covers parts and repair costs for engine components, the drive train and other common things that can go wrong with your vehicle.

Give us a call and talk to an independent agent. They can explain what your auto insurance does and does not cover in more detail. Maintaining your vehicle in good operating condition can make you a safer driver and also lower your Arizona auto insurance premiums.

What Should I do if my Home Insurance Records are Lost Due to a Fire Accident in Green Valley, AZ?

If your Green Valley, Arizona home is damaged from a fire, then it is important to make a claim with an insurance provider as soon as the accident or problem occurs. Even if the home insurance records are lost as a result of burning in the fire, your insurance provider will have a copy of your policy and any other documentation that you provided before the incident occurred.

Call the Company

The first step of recovering from the fire is calling your insurance provider and talking about the situation. Explain that you’ve lost the records and need a copy of your current policy. The company will send you a copy so that you know what is covered and what is not.

If you sent any documents to the company when you are obtaining coverage, then ask for those records at the same time. Your insurer will be able to give you copies of any documentation that you provided in regards to expensive personal belongings that were insured separately.

Give Pictures of Belongings

Even if your records were ruined, you may still have pictures on your smartphone, digital camera or on a social networking website where you’ve posted images. Your belongings might be seen in the background of pictures you took in the house.

Get a copy of any images made so that you can show the company what was in the room. Without clear pictures or records of the belongings, you may be denied for expensive items that were also lost.

Keep Copies in a Separate Location

Ideally, any documentation related to your homeowner’s coverage should also be kept in a safe deposit box at the bank or a similar separate location. By having it kept separately, you will always have a copy available if a fire occurs in the future.

Damage to your home does not mean you have limited options. To learn more about keeping your belongings safe, contact us to talk to an independent agent.