Does my commercial insurance policy cover me when my employees are off the property doing my business?

You may have a commercial insurance policy from Insurance Center of Green Valley to cover any normal damages to your business in Green Valley, AZ. But it can be confusing to understand exactly what your policy covers, and if you will need additional coverage to meet the particular demands of your business.

Many businesses do work entirely at one location, with supplies being delivered to the building. Many other businesses, however, have the need to operate at locations away from the main location. They may have other locations where they store supplies, or employees may need to go from place to place to perform essential tasks relative to the business operations.

What happens if, during the course of that activity, there is an accident? For example, an employee may need to drive to another location for a delivery. If he runs a red light, he will normally be liable for the damages. However, if he was there only because he was working for your business, it is the business that will probably be held liable.

If the employee is driving his own vehicle, his insurance is unlikely to claim responsibility. You should have a commercial auto insurance policy if your employees drive while on the job. You can also obtain a more comprehensive insurance policy to make sure that outside structures and supplies are covered under your insurance policy.

In order to make sure that you have all the coverage you need, it is always best to read your policy carefully and discuss it with your insurance agent. Know the exceptions and limitations. For the commercial insurance policy that best protects your business in Green Valley, AZ, call Insurance Center of Green Valley today.

What happens if I am caught driving without insurance?

Unless you are in an accident, you may never get caught driving without insurance in Green Valley, AZ. If you do get caught, though, the consequences can be harsh. 

Arizona is a fault state, which means that the person who caused a crash is liable for any damages. However, even if you are in an accident caused by someone else, you have a legal duty to show proof of insurance. 

Drivers in Arizona have an exception where, with some qualifications, they can post a $40,000 bond with the Department of Motor Vehicles instead of carrying insurance. Most drivers don’t meet the qualifications and can’t afford this option. 

If you are actually caught driving without insurance, you will suffer progressively more severe fines for each violation. The first fine is hundreds of dollars, but at three or more the fine is $1,000 for each violation. License suspensions start at three months, but the third and up are one year apiece. 

Not only will your driving privileges be suspended, so will your registration privileges. You won’t be able to legally renew your plates.

Your vehicle could end up being towed, in which case you would have to pay expensive tow fees and prove you have a valid registration to get it back. 

Even after you pay the fines and wait out the suspension, you will be required to pay reinstatement fees and carry a special, usually more expensive insurance in order to drive legally again. 

Insurance Center of Green Valley understands how important it is to protect yourself and your ability to drive in Green Valley, AZ. You can explore your options as to various insurance policies by calling Insurance Center of Green Valley and talking to one of our friendly agents today.