Does Home Insurance Include Coverage For A Detached Garage?

When you’re shopping for a home insurance policy in Green Valley, AZ, it’s important to look at what is covered. A typical homeowner’s policy will cover you for property damage, personal liability, medical payments, and even additional living expenses. Since a detached garage is property damage, this is the area you will want to pay close attention to in the paperwork.

Property Damage Coverage

It’s important to identify what “property damage” is covered by your policy. In some instances, the coverage is only for the main structure of your home, which would exclude a detached garage. In other instances, any structure on the property would be covered. Even if your policy doesn’t initially cover a detached garage, there are riders that can be added so that you have the necessary coverage in place. Agents at Insurance Center of Green Valley can ensure that all aspects of your property are encompassed within a home insurance policy.

New Additions

If you bought a home insurance policy and then added a detached garage later on, you might not have the coverage. This is why it’s a good idea to review your policy every year. It gives you a chance to make updates based on any improvements that you have made across your property, including adding a detached garage. This way, if you do have to file a claim that includes damage to the detached garage, you will have the coverage in place.

At Insurance Center of Green Valley, agents have been helping residents throughout Green Valley, AZ four years. They understand the importance of ensuring that coverage includes everything on your property so that there are no issues when you go to file a claim. Plus, having a thorough policy will provide you with plenty of peace of mind throughout the year.




Home Insurance Is Critical To Help Fires

Living in Green Valley, AZ is usually a comfortable and relaxing life. However, fires may occur in this hot area, particularly if your home is getting old. When a fire does impact your life, you are going to wish that you had detailed fire coverage added to your homeowner’s policy. Contact us at Insurance Center of Green Valley if you want this type of coverage or read on to learn more about why it is so critical to your home.

Most Home Insurance Policies Protect Against Fire

Thankfully, homeowners insurance is designed to help protect your home from a variety of problems. One of these is fire. A typical policy will cover your dwellings, including the home and its attached structure. This also includes relocation costs while you are waiting to move into a new home, such as hotel and restaurant bills. Detached structures and certain types of belongings are also covered. However, this type of coverage won’t be available if you haven’t paid for it on your policy.

Specialized Coverage Improves Your Policy

While your homeowner’s insurance can help you cover a lot of elements, it isn’t perfect. Specialized fire insurance can help you cover items, such as home furnishings, electronic items, air conditioners, and family heirlooms. These aspects of your home are critical to ensuring because many of them cannot be replaced. And without specialized fire insurance on your homeowner’s policy, you might not be able to get compensation for them. That doesn’t mean your homeowner’s insurance isn’t worthwhile but that it might need some supplemental coverage.

Do You Need Fire Insurance?

While most people in Green Valley, AZ won’t need fire insurance, it can help against total destruction and provide you with extra help to recover. If you want a policy, please don’t hesitate to contact us at the Insurance Center of Green Valley to learn more. We will help you settle in and get the insurance you need to avoid serious loss.

What You Should Know About Homeowners Insurance

Well for one unlike auto insurance, homeowners insurance is not required by the state you live in. However, if you are buying a home, chances are your mortgage lender has requested that you secure a policy in terms of your loan.  Even if you do not have a mortgage, look into homeowners insurance; you do not want to watch your investment go up in smoke with no way to replace it.  So what does homeowners insurance cover?  

One of the most common misunderstandings about homeowners insurance is that it covers anything that goes wrong in your house.  It is important to remember that insurance and home warranties are two very different products. For example, a home warranty may cover your air conditioner malfunctioning, while your insurance policy may cover it if it stops working due to lightning strike or theft.

When it comes to homeowners insurance, there are basic coverages that all companies will cover. Often the product name may be different based on the company, what they provide coverage for are the same.

An HO-1 is the most basic homeowners coverage you can get it. An HO-1 will cover the structure and depending on the policy your stuff inside from the following perils or cause of loss:

  • Fire or smoke
  • Explosions
  • Lightning
  • Hail and windstorms
  • Theft
  • Vandalism
  • Damage from vehicles
  • Damage from aircraft
  • Riots and civil commotion
  • Volcanic eruption

A step above the HO-1, the HO-2 will protect your home and belongings from these additional perils:

  • Accidental discharge or overflow of water or steam
  • The weight of ice, sleet, or snow
  • Sudden and accidental splitting apart, burning, cracking, or bulging of pipes and other household systems
  • Falling objects
  • Any damage that is sudden and accidental from an artificially generated electrical current
  • Freezing of housing systems like AC or heating

Then the next level would be a more robust policy such as the HO-3 (this is the most common type of coverage), or the H0-5 will provide additional coverage plus what is listed above.

If you are buying a home in Green Valley, AZ, let the helpful agents at Insurance Center of Green Valley find you the right homeowners policy for your needs.

Does Home Insurance Cover Anything While My House is Being Housesat?

The majority of insurance agencies, including the Insurance Center of Green Valley serving Green Valley, AZ, agree that your home is safer when it is occupied than when it is left empty. As a result, hiring a house sitter is a smart move.

However, a question that both homeowners and the person taking care of the house may have is – what will the homeowner’s insurance policy cover?

Insurance and Your House Sitter

In the majority of situations, the personal belongings that your house sitter brings with them will not be covered by your homeowner’s policy. However, it is important to note, if you hire a professional house sitter, they will likely have a policy that covers their personal items and adds protection for themselves if their negligence results in damage to the property.

What Do Homeowner’s Insurance Policies Cover?

In most cases, your homeowner’s insurance policy will include a limited amount of coverage for things such as medical payments, if the house sitter is injured while performing their job.

As far as your own belongings, there should not be an issue. As long as your list of contents in your home is up-to-date and you have paid your premiums, then everything you have listed should still be covered (even if damage or theft occurs while the home is being housesat).

However, every insurance policy is different, which means that you need to check with your insurance provider to ensure that your belonging and home will be protected – even when you aren’t there.

Special Coverage Considerations  

Depending on how long you are going to be gone, and if your house sitter is part of your family, you may need to purchase a special policy. These are not always necessary, and it is best to discuss this with your insurance provider to determine if it is needed.

You can learn more about ensuring your home and belongings are covered while you are away by contacting the staff at Insurance Center of Green Valley serving Green Valley, AZ.


Home Insurance Options To Consider

Your home is your castle. It’s your safe place where you can kick back and relax. It’s also possible the largest one-time investment you’ve ever made. Due to this, you need to protect your investment with right home insurance. However, there are different kinds of home insurance add-ons, which is why you need to educate yourself on what these differences are. Whether you live in or around Green Valley, AZ, Insurance Center of Green Valley is able to help.

Flood and/or Earthquake Insurance

These kinds of insurance are usually not included in your standard home insurance coverage. Earthquakes are not as common in Richardson TX as what you’d see out along the Pacific Coastline, but it is an option to consider. Likewise, flood insurance protects your home in the event of a major storm. You may also want to consider flood insurance depending on the location of your home if it’s at the base of a hill or is in a region more prone to flooding. 

Accidental Damage Insurance

Some people just seem to be a bit more prone to accidents than others. Maybe it’s tripping and spilling wine on the floor, or accidentally jumping and putting a fist through the ceiling. Whatever accident might occur, this kind of coverage is great for when those little accidents seem to come out of nowhere. 

Home Emergencies Coverage

This kind of coverage can cover when the HVAC system goes out and it needs emergency assistance (because those hot and humid Texas summers are no good without the AC). 

No matter the kind of home you own, how old it is or how long you’ve lived in it, it’s never too early (or too late) to evaluate the kinds of insurance options you have for your home. At Insurance Center of Green Valley, you’ll learn about the different options you can consider for your home and how each may improve the level of protection your home in and around Green Valley, AZ has. 

What kind of insurance am I required to have for my small business?

Having your own business can be a great thing, but it comes with a lot of responsibility. If you have a small business in Green Valley, AZ, you are facing different kinds of risks all the time. The agents at Insurance Center of Green Valley understand how losses can come from unexpected circumstances, so the only thing you can do is protect yourself ahead of time.

Commercial property or rental insurance will protect your property against loss. You can protect everything from the physical structure to equipment and furniture to on-site inventory. General liability insurance protects your business in case of lawsuits for bodily injury, property damage, medical expenses, and other issues like slander and libel.

Product liability insurance protects you if your defective product injures someone, and professional liability insurance covers you if you commit errors in judgment or if you commit malpractice or negligence. You can even purchase business interruption insurance which will cover you in the event that you are unable to stay open through no fault of your own.

Many small or home-based business owners choose a Business Owner’s Policy (BOP). A BOP combines multiple kinds of insurance into one policy, making the policy easier to manage while saving money. Typically, the BOP provides protection for property and liability issues and can be tailored to suit the needs of the client.

If you have a small business in Green Valley, AZ, you hope that you will never have to deal with accidents, natural disasters or lawsuits. But if anything does happen, you can be protected. Call Insurance Center of Green Valley today to find out what commercial insurance policies will best protect your business.

Does Home Insurance Cover Pool Houses?

One of the questions that we at Insurance Center of Green Valley, serving the greater Green Valley, AZ area, are asked is whether homeowners insurance covers structures that are detached from a home. This can include things such as storage sheds, detached garages, barns and pool homes. If you have a building that is detached from your home, here is the information you need to know about whether it is covered by homeowners insurance or not. 

Is It Covered?

Unfortunately, there is not a one-size-fits-all answer to whether a pool house or other stand-alone building on your property, is covered by homeowners insurance. Some insurance policies will cover these stand-alone buildings, while others do not. The best way to determine whether this type of building is covered by your homeowner’s insurance is to carefully read the policy. The policy will clearly state whether detached buildings on your property are covered or not covered under the current policy. 

What Do You Do If It Isn’t Covered?

If your standalone building, such as a pool home, is not covered by the policy, there are two things that can be done. First, an addendum can be added to the current policy to extend coverage to the pool house or stand-alone building. Second, some insurance companies sell stand-alone building insurance coverage, a type of policy that specifically covers the standalone buildings on your property. This may be needed if you have multiple standalone buildings. 

If you have a pool house or other standalone building on your property, you will want to ensure it is covered by insurance. Here at Insurance Center of Green Valley, serving the greater Green Valley, AZ area, we can work with you to help ensure everything on your property is covered and protected. 

5 Facts about Home Insurance You Must Know

Most lenders require investors to purchase home insurance whenever they borrow money. It covers their interests. However, most homeowners aren’t aware of what house insurance entails. Insurance Center of Green Valley Arizona offers five facts that every home owner must know. 

Covers Specific Property
Home insurance covers electronics, firearms, furs, and jewelry. However, if they are worth over the limit insured, you will incur extra losses unless you have an umbrella cover. Besides, the policy protects property outside your house such as a laptop inside a car. 

Proper Home Maintenance Is Vital
Most insurance firms are keen on ensuring that your items are in excellent condition. Therefore, damages incurred due to house neglect may not be reimbursed. Trim your live fence and regularly inspect your roof for any leakages. In case an unusual water bill increase occurs, it indicates that there is a leak within or outside your home. You should repair it promptly.

Policy Cancellation 
According to the Arizona laws, home insurance policy coverage cannot be canceled unless based on the following conditions:

  • Nonpayment of premium 
  • If the insured is convicted of crimes deemed to increase the chance of insured risk
  • Frauds detected in the policy 
  • Gross negligence by the insured increasing the chance for risk to occur 
  • Significant change in the perils assumed by the insurance provider
  • A beyond reasonable doubt determination by director of insurance that the insurer will violate the state laws if the policy holds 

Homeowners’ Policy claims 
Regardless of the type of home insurance policy you have, when you make a claim, there are three options for you, namely:

  • Cash value coverage also called market value coverage
  • Replacement coverage 
  • Extended replacement or guaranteed replacement cost coverage 

Claim Deadlines 
In case of an occurrence in your home, do not hesitate to contact your insurance provider. Most companies have a specified period for making claim beyond which may be difficult to file. 

If you need home insurance in Arizona, get in touch with Insurance Center of Green Valley. You can also use their online rating tool for auto. 

Why Should You Have a Homeowner’s Insurance?

Buying a home may be the most significant achievement of your life, but it comes with its fair share of risks. You need to insure your home since it is one of the largest financial investments of your life. Homeowners in Green Valley, AZ face numerous risks ranging from vandalism, brutal storms, to liability for personal injuries. An Insurance Center of Green Valley homeowner’s insurance policy is a vital policy that every homeowner should purchase. Here are some reasons why you need to buy homeowners insurance.

Homeowners’ Insurance Offers Protection from Losses Caused By Natural Disasters

Any damage to your home caused by fire, high winds, tornado, or even a hurricane is usually covered by your homeowners’ insurance. With the increased risk of devastating natural disasters, an insurance policy becomes a basic necessity for every homeowner. Whenever a disaster strikes, you will be compensated so that you resume your normal life as soon as possible.

It Also Covers Your Personal Belongings

If your personal property is stolen or destroyed by a covered hazard, Insurance Center of Green Valley will reimburse you for the value of the lost property. Some of the personal belonging covered includes your furniture, clothing, and electrical appliances. Your homeowners’ insurance policy protects your personal property anywhere in the world.

Protects You from Liability Claims

Accidents are common, and a visitor may be injured on your property which may result in lawsuits and medical bills. A homeowners’ insurance covers you if such a scenario occurs. A standard policy pays for the material damage, legal fees, and medical bills of persons that may be injured on your property.

Offers Peace of Mind

When it comes to purchasing a homeowners’ insurance policy, the peace of mind it provides is worth every penny. You can’t wish for a disaster to occur but if it strikes, knowing that your most valuable asset is protected is worth the expense.

Are you a homeowner in Green Valley, AZ? Contact Insurance Center of Green Valley today and learn more about the homeowners’ insurance.

Home Insurance Add Ons to consider

Every kind of insurance comes with an assortment of available add on’s. These add on’s are designed to provide you with extra coverage, based on your individual needs. As each home is different, every home insurance package should be different. At Insurance Center of Green Valley, we are here to help you protect your home in and around Green Valley, AZ. So here are some available insurance add on’s you need to consider. 

Sewage Backup Coverage

This heavily depends on the kind of home you own and whether your plumbing line connects to the city or runs to a septic tank. However, a backed up sewer line can end up costing you upwards of $25,000 to fix. That’s a major chunk of change you can avoid by simply adding on sewage backup coverage to your home insurance plan. 

Flood Insurance Coverage

During monsoon season you know just how bad the rain can come down at once. Because the ground isn’t made to absorb such a large amount of rainfall and the city drainage system can’t handle it either, areas can quickly flood. This kind of coverage is based more on where in town you live and if your home is at the base of a hill, but flood insurance coverage makes sure your property and belongings are protected in the event of flooding. This kind of coverage also protects you in the event of a burst pipe and other man-made issues connected with possible flooding.

When it comes to protecting your home, you need to understand the different kinds of home insurance options you have available. At Insurance Center of Green Valley, we’re here to provide all the necessary advice, answers and assistance needed to protect your home in and around Green Valley, AZ.