What kind of insurance am I required to have for my small business?

Having your own business can be a great thing, but it comes with a lot of responsibility. If you have a small business in Green Valley, AZ, you are facing different kinds of risks all the time. The agents at Insurance Center of Green Valley understand how losses can come from unexpected circumstances, so the only thing you can do is protect yourself ahead of time.

Commercial property or rental insurance will protect your property against loss. You can protect everything from the physical structure to equipment and furniture to on-site inventory. General liability insurance protects your business in case of lawsuits for bodily injury, property damage, medical expenses, and other issues like slander and libel.

Product liability insurance protects you if your defective product injures someone, and professional liability insurance covers you if you commit errors in judgment or if you commit malpractice or negligence. You can even purchase business interruption insurance which will cover you in the event that you are unable to stay open through no fault of your own.

Many small or home-based business owners choose a Business Owner’s Policy (BOP). A BOP combines multiple kinds of insurance into one policy, making the policy easier to manage while saving money. Typically, the BOP provides protection for property and liability issues and can be tailored to suit the needs of the client.

If you have a small business in Green Valley, AZ, you hope that you will never have to deal with accidents, natural disasters or lawsuits. But if anything does happen, you can be protected. Call Insurance Center of Green Valley today to find out what commercial insurance policies will best protect your business.

Does Home Insurance Cover Pool Houses?

One of the questions that we at Insurance Center of Green Valley, serving the greater Green Valley, AZ area, are asked is whether homeowners insurance covers structures that are detached from a home. This can include things such as storage sheds, detached garages, barns and pool homes. If you have a building that is detached from your home, here is the information you need to know about whether it is covered by homeowners insurance or not. 

Is It Covered?

Unfortunately, there is not a one-size-fits-all answer to whether a pool house or other stand-alone building on your property, is covered by homeowners insurance. Some insurance policies will cover these stand-alone buildings, while others do not. The best way to determine whether this type of building is covered by your homeowner’s insurance is to carefully read the policy. The policy will clearly state whether detached buildings on your property are covered or not covered under the current policy. 

What Do You Do If It Isn’t Covered?

If your standalone building, such as a pool home, is not covered by the policy, there are two things that can be done. First, an addendum can be added to the current policy to extend coverage to the pool house or stand-alone building. Second, some insurance companies sell stand-alone building insurance coverage, a type of policy that specifically covers the standalone buildings on your property. This may be needed if you have multiple standalone buildings. 

If you have a pool house or other standalone building on your property, you will want to ensure it is covered by insurance. Here at Insurance Center of Green Valley, serving the greater Green Valley, AZ area, we can work with you to help ensure everything on your property is covered and protected.