How many perils do you need home insurance to cover?

Home insurance offers 10, 15, or all-perils coverage. Homeowners have three choices in levels of coverage from their Green Valley, AZ home insurance – HO-1, HO-2, or HO-3. Which does your Arizona home need?

At the Insurance Center of Green Valley, we recommend the full coverage that an HO-3 provides. Read on to find out why.

About Named Peril Policies

HO-1 and HO-2 policies provide named peril protection. That means if the policy specifically names an event as something it covers, then the policy pays out if it happens and you file a claim.

An HO-1 policy protects ten perils:

  • Aircraft damage
  • Fire, smoke, explosion
  • Lightning
  • Riots and civil commotion
  • Theft
  • Vandalism and malicious mischief
  • Vehicle-caused damage
  • Volcanic eruptions
  • Windstorm
  • Hail.

It provides no liability coverage or personal property coverage.

An HO-2 policy covers 16 perils – the 10 in an HO-1, plus the following six:

  • Falling objects
  • Weight of snow, sleet, and/or ice
  • Flood or accidental discharge caused by HVAC or appliances
  • Accidental damage to HVAC or water heaters
  • Freezing of water lines of any household system
  • Power surge damage.

HO-2 policies also typically include liability and personal property.

HO-3: The All-Perils Policy

An HO-3 policy covers all perils, even things that no one invented yet. Unlike named peril policies, no matter what happens to a home covered by an HO-3 policy, the policy covers it. It includes coverage for liability and personal property; some policies provide for loss of use.

Choosing All-Perils Coverage

At the Insurance Center of Green Valley, we recommend that Green Valley, AZ, homeowners choose HO-3 coverage to protect their homes best. If you have a mortgage, HO-1 coverage won’t meet the criteria for homeowner’s insurance. Why not enjoy the full protection provided by an HO-3 policy? Contact our office today to start your home policy.

Required Auto Insurance in Arizona

When you own a vehicle in Arizona, the state mandates that you should have an acceptable auto insurance policy. All Arizona vehicle owners are required to have it and to have proof of that insurance. You can’t register a vehicle in the state without auto insurance. There are minimum coverage amounts that must be in your auto policy, but you can add extra coverage as well to have better protection against serious accidents. 

Liability Coverage

In Arizona, two types of liability coverage legally have to be in your auto insurance policy. These are bodily injury and property damage liability. There are two amounts required for the bodily injury portion of the policy. These are one amount for just one injured person and a different amount that’s available for all of the people who are injured. The mandated coverage amount is a bit low when you consider the skyrocketing costs of medical bills, so it’s often recommended that you add to the mandated amounts. In addition, you must have one amount that is for property damage. This pays for the damage an accident causes to the other vehicle or any other damaged property of someone else’s. This is also a relatively low amount of coverage that should be supplemented with more. 

Other Auto Coverage

Liability coverage types pay for someone else’s bills, but what about your own bills? You may have significant damage done to your own vehicle, or it may even be totaled. To get coverage for those bills, you need collision coverage. You will also want comprehensive coverage if you want to protect it from things that happen to the vehicle when you aren’t driving it. 

Get Auto Insurance

Call us at the Insurance Center of Green Valley in Green Valley, AZ to get your auto policy.