Can I get auto insurance using an international license in the Green Valley, Arizona?

Whether you are visiting the Green Valley, Arizona for school, work, or vacation, you will need car insurance in order to legally operate a vehicle on the road. If you are from another country, you will need to take a few more steps to get coverage. However, with some planning, you can enjoy the same driving privileges as a citizens while you are visiting Arizona.

How to Get Insurance in the United States

In order to qualify for insurance, you first have to show proof that you are an authorized driver. Before your trip to the United States, you will need to obtain an international driver’s license from your home country. After your international license is issued, you can operate a vehicle in the United States. Next, you will need to decide whether you wish to purchase a vehicle or rent a car. Depending on the length of your stay, it is usually a better option to choose a rental that is easier to insure. Once you choose your vehicle, the next step is to get it insured and comply with any registration requirements.

How an Independent Agent Can Help

An insurance agent at Insurance Center of Green Valley is authorized to carry insurance policies from multiple insurance companies. The advantage of shopping for insurance with an independent agent is that you can choose a policy that is tailored to your individual needs as a driver. If you are an international driver, it is important to compare quotes so that you can receive an affordable rate on auto insurance. An independent agent can also help you determine whether you have the correct license and documentation to qualify for coverage in the United States.

You can browse our online quotes to find a policy that fits your budget or contact us today to speak with an independent agent.