Insurance Center of Green Valley encourages community involvement. There are plenty of ways to give back to the Tucson community to help those less fortunate. You can give money, donate things and blood, and volunteer to help.
Here are some ways to get involved in the Tucson community to make it a better place:
- Give Food to Tucson Food Banks -Many organizations give food to those who cannot afford it. Two popular ones are the Community Food Bank and Food Pantries.
- Donate Items – Habitat for Humanity accepts donations of building materials, furniture, and working appliances in good condition. You can also volunteer to help build homes. Donate clothing and other items to the Salvation Army or Goodwill.
- Volunteer to Help The Homeless – Volunteer to help at any of the Tucson homeless shelters. Every other year about two hundred volunteers help conduct the Tucson Homeless Street Count. The next one is on January 26 and 27, 2016.
- Donate Blood – The Red Cross has a blood donation center in Tucson.
- Help Veterans – Volunteer at the Tucson Vet Center and if you are a Veteran, join Veterans Helping Veterans.
- Adopt a Pet from an Animal Rescue – Your newest best friend is waiting for you to save them at Hope Animal Shelter, Pima Animal Care Center, and Animal Rescue Foundation.
- Visit a Tucson Nursing Home – Over half the residents, never get any visitors.
- Donate and/or Volunteer at Mobile Meals of Tucson
- Donate to a Charity of Your Choice
It is a good idea to get insurance from an agency that cares about Tucson. Contact Insurance Center of Green Valley for all your insurance needs. The kind people, who work there, are ready to help you protect yourself and your loved ones.